Standard ECE-R 22.05
SCHUBERTH C3 Pro Women – The most sportive flip-up helmet ever
The new spoiler which has been optimised in the wind tunnel turns the C3 Pro Women into a real sport helmet which also demonstrates outstanding aerodynamic properties at high speeds in excess of 160 km/h.
With its further enhanced aeroacoustics of 82 dB(A) at 100 km/h the C3 Pro Women is one of the quietest helmets in the world. Naturally the new C3 Pro Women also incorporates two integrated antennas for increased ranges and better FM radio reception – prepared for the fully integrated communication unit SRC-System™.
The suspension, made of carefully selected materials such as COOLMAX®, Interpower® and Thermocool®, sets new benchmarks with respect to comfort.
Weight, standard and size:
Only 1,570 grams (+/-50g) in size M to protect the neck muscles
This test standard guarantees conformity to defined safety standards in respect of impact absorption, penetration resistance, lateral rigidity, retention system and field of vision.
The approval guarantees that you have approval for all the countries which recognise the ECE standard.
The outer shell of the C3 Pro Women combines an aerodynamically optimal shape with excellent protection.
It is manufactured using Schuberths typical compression moulding process and thus permits great stability and a low weight.
- Shell material: S.T.R.O.N.G. fibre
- Helmet shell technology from SCHUBERTH permits low weight
- Glass fibre with a special resin added is compressed in a vacuum at high pressure to form a helmet shell which is exceptionally sturdy.
The helmet shell of special EPS foam is modular in design to ensure optimal shock absorption. This complex segmentation guarantees enhanced force absorption and distribution and maximum safety.
- Made of specially optimized EPS foam
- Complex multizone foaming allows optimal shock absorption
A suspension specially developed for and adjusted to the female physiognomy which suits the shape of the face ideally and guarantees that the helmet fits comfortably and ideally in all situations.
The combination of carefully selected COOLMAX® and Thermocool® materials and the additional use of Interpower® coatings also make the inner lining a highly-effective moisture removal and cooling system.
- COOLMAX® pad system, completely removable and washable (hand wash, 30°C)
- Specially for women
- Variable for effective ventilation
- Adjustable for summer/winter
- Removable comfort cheek pads and head band pads
- Precise setting of the chinstrap length through adjustment on both sides.
- Micro-lock ratchet lock
The silver-coloured appliqués of reflective material which are in included in the nape zone of every SCHUBERTH helmet ensure that the motorcyclist can be seen better, especially in twilight or at night.
- Improved visibility = Enhanced safety
- Enhancement of the passive safety
- Early recognition by other road users
Guaranteed condensation-free thanks to its double glazing technology
-'City position' for maximum ventilation while travelling slowly
- The EasyChange visor mechanism makes changing visors extremely quick and simple.
- Change of visor without tools
Integrated sun visor:
The sun visor enables quick and individual adjustment according to light conditions. It is integrated into the helmet shell and can be swivelled.
The C3 Pro Women has been specially designed for the riding posture on normal and sportive tours and also remains stable in the airflow at high speeds (> 160 km/h).
The special shape of the helmet shell with an integrated spoiler plus an aerodynamically optimised straight end edge ensure appreciably enhanced downforce.
Even at higher speeds the C3 Pro Women develops practically no upward lift.
The C3 Pro Women also offers reduced wind resistance and optimised directionally stability. With closed machines, the buffeting is also significantly minimised.
- Perfected aerodynamics for higher speeds
- Upward lift = 0!
- Directionally stable
- No oscillatory tendency
- No buffeting
- Spoiler integrated into the helmet shell
Aeroacoustics of the C3 Pro Women:
A quiet helmet means active safety for the motorcyclist: this permits the rider to concentrate on riding – particularly at higher speeds.
Many hours in the Schuberth acoustics wind tunnel have ensured that the C3 Pro Women is quiet.
The comprehensive acoustics package with optimised helmet shell, wind deflector and ergonomic shape of the neck padding make the C3 Pro Women – at 82 dBA – one of the quietest helmets of all.
- Acoustics package makes helmet quiet
- Installation of a wind deflector enables the aeroacoustics and consequently the noise level to be improved still further.
- Only 82dB(A) at 100 km per hour (with naked bikes)
Sound intensity is a phenomenon which can be explained logarithmically/mathematically. A 10 dB(A) jump in noise level is perceived by the human ear as a doubling of the noise level.
Conversely a drop of 10 dB(A) is perceived as a halving of the noise level. Physically these changes in the perceived noise level already occur at an increase or decrease of 6 dB (A). This means that the increase/decrease in the physical load is higher than the one perceived.
Aeroacoustics are influenced by:
- the position of the helmet in the air flow, depending on the drivers size and riding posture and the motorcycles fairing
- Fit of the helmet: differences in the anatomy of the wearers head, neck and shoulder areas
- change the position of the windscreen
- close the gap at the bottom of the helmet, e.g. using a scarf
Innovative ventilation system:
The C3 Pro Women is equipped with a further development of the proven C3 ventilation system.
Thanks to the new design of the ventilation elements, the supply of fresh air is increased by up to 60%. The combination of multipath channels in the EPS foam shell and the head/chin/mouth ventilation ensure that fresh air is distributed effectively over the entire head area.
The air channels in the inner shell direct the air which enters through the forehead ventilation well over the back of the head to the rear of the helmet.
The low pressure prevailing at the rear of the helmet ensures that the internal air is constantly extracted through the air outlets and the special netting in the neck padding.
- Head ventilation input (adjustable in multiple stages)
- Chin vent for targeted distribution of the incoming air in the helmet
- Up to 9 litres of fresh air at 100 km/h
- The highly effective ventilation system of the C3 Pro Women
- Chin vent
- Variable pad system
- Visor vent
- Adjustable head ventilation
- Active 2-way air extraction system
- EPS shell with ventilation segments
- In cold weather it often occurs that with closed air supply the motorcyclists neck zone becomes sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs.
- The concentration of carbon dioxide inside the helmet is a key safety criterion for preventing symptoms of fatigue and the thinning of breathable air.
- No negative effects on health need be feared as long as the CO2 concentration remains below 3.5 %.
- The maximum level of CO2 concentration at the workplace is 0.5 %
- Even when the neck zone is sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, this helmet guarantees that the CO2 concentration remains below the 0.5% limit as from a speed of approx. 30 km/h.
- In cases where the helmet is completely sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, the visor ought to be opened (city-travel position) for safety reasons when idling, for example at traffic lights, or travelling slowly.
The C3 Pro Women is by default equipped to accommodate the SCHUBERTH SRC-System™ C3 Pro Women. To guarantee ideal radio reception for you, the C3 Pro Women is already equipped with two integrated antennas to boost reception and a Bluetooth® connection
-Optimum reception at all times
-Bluetooth® antenna for wireless mobile, GPS and intercom connections to other SRC-System™ owners.
-FM and Bluetooth® antennas integrated into the helmet for optimum reception
The Anti-Roll-Off System (A.R.O.S.) especially developed by SCHUBERTH is provided as a safety feature in every SCHUBERTH motorcycle helmet. It ensures that provided the chinstrap is closed and correctly adjusted:
- the helmet cannot pivot off the head from behind
- the risk of contact between the chin section of the helmet and the chin or throat of the rider is minimised due to the small angle of tilt and
- the consequences of the helmet coming into contact with the chest as the result of an accident are reduced.
The helmet also has Reflex areas which improve visibility in the dark and thus contribute to your safety.
We constantly work with passion and commitment to make our helmets even safer, quieter, lighter and more comfortable. Our reward? Your trust.
'One of the best flip-up helmets on the market.'
Tourenfahrer edition June 2013:
'The Schuberth C3 Pro is the only helmet to also pass the test of a forced blow on the chin. It also stands out on account of its top-quality interior and excellent workmanship.'
Motorrad News edition 6/2013:
'The German cap is excellently designed and weighing in at under 1.5 k is lighter than most of its competitors. The C3 Pro also achieved very good results in the impact test, for which it is awarded a deserved NEWS Tip.“
'What sounds like easy model care would be regarded by most of the other providers as a complete redesign. And not totally without justification, because a whole range of innovations have been added to the helmets inner shell, ventilation, aerodynamics and acoustics. And these are not just theoretical, but can also be experienced in practice.'
* Helmets are always delivered with a transparent screen.
Are you thinking of buying Schuberth C3 Pro Women? This is one of the star products at motardinn, the online motorcycle store. The price is 465.95 $, limited time! At motardinn you can benefit from the biggest advantages and find products from Schuberth at the best price. All our motorcycle products have a manufacturer quality guarantee.