Below the sleek looks of an intergalactic adventurer, this is the Crossover by Scorpion! Landing straight from the future in terms of style, comfort and innovations, this highly anticipated model is certifi ed in both Open Face and Full Face configurations!
- AIRFIT CONCEPTL: Airfit permits a rider to personalize helmet fit through air adjustable cheek pads with additional noise reduction.Only by SCORPION EXO!
- KWIKWICK2 LINER:Very effective, hypoallergenic, removable, machine washable, and very soft and pleasant to the touch, the KwikWick2 lining of the new ScorpionExo 2011 range is a real custom-made slipper for your head.
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Engineered Shell: Quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort. EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection.
- Ventilation system: Adjustable, indexed front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler reduce lift, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet.
- Micrometric Automatic chinstrap buckle for quick release and precise adjustment.
- ECE 22.05
Cleaning the Outside of the Helmet
Never use any solvents or abrasive cleaners to clean your helmet!! For optimum performance, rinse your helmet in warm water using a mild soap. If the outside is dirty with dried dirt and bugs, we suggest you place a wet towel over the helmet for at least one minute before wiping it clean. This softens the foreign objects before removal lessening the chance of scratches. The multiple coatings on the face shield are resistant to light scratching, however, heavy, abusive scratching can break through the coatings and cause visible marks. Removing dirt and bugs with good cleaning practices and keeping your helmet in a RaceCase will significantly help to prolong the life of your helmet and face shields.
Cleaning the Inside of the Helmet
The removable, washable liner in all our helmets make it easy to clean. Even a man can do it. Remove the cheek pads first by unsnapping the 3 (usually) button snaps on each one. Be careful not to “tear” the pad out, but carefully un-snap each button. The “crownliner” can be unsnapped (2) from the back of the head area and the pulled away from the helmet in the forehead area. Note the alignment arrows for re-installing the crownliner. Throw these three pieces into the washing machine if possible in a washing bag so that the plastic parts cannot be broken or damage the textile and allow to air dry before re-installing.
Cleaning the Face Shield
The ScorpionExo face shields for 400s and 700s have different cleaning procedures for inside and outside. The outside is coated with an anti-scratch coating which prevents minor scratches, but cannot resist heavy wiping and cleaning without preliminary softening of the dirt, grime and bugs first. Note the damp towel method of softening dried bugs and dirt above. Plastic polishes work fine to clean the outside of the shield as long as the dirt and grime has been softened and removed first. The inner Everclear no-fog coated face shields require special treatment for cleaning. We suggest using a warm water and mild soap combination followed by “pat drying” with a dry towel. “Wiping” may cause premature wear and scratching on the Everclear innercoating.
Certain common household chemicals will react negatively with the polycarbonates, fiberglass or coatings of your helmet. Avoid contact with acetone (nail polish remover), caustic solutions (ammonia-based cleaners), hair sprays containing methyene, chlorine from swimming pools or glues.
* Helmets are always delivered with a transparent screen.
Scorpion EXO 300 Air Solid is available in different options and characteristics. Choose the one that fits your needs the best and receive it at home in a few days. In addition, in the online motorcycle store you can find Scorpion EXO 300 Air Solid related products. Our selection of Crossover products are designed to give you complete confidence, no matter of the intensity of the workout or sport activity.