- Top riders choice: Marc coma , pela renet , mathias bellino , ivan cervantes , aigar leok , dylan ferrandis , arnaud tonus , xavier boog , rui goncalves , jean-claude mousse , ludivine puy , adrien chareyre , stéphane perhansel….
- DUAL AIRFIT: This technological feature actually manages to combine very effectively two Airfit inflation pumps: one placed under the chin bar and acting on the cheek pads for a customised fit ,and the second located at the back of the
helmet, this time inflating or deflating the front section.
- KWIKWICK2 LINER: Very effective, hypoallergenic, removable, machine washable, and very soft and pleasant to the touch, the KwikWick2 lining of the new ScorpionExo 2011 range is a real custom-made slipper for your head.
- TCT: Thermodynamical Composite Technology: Extremely light, having reduced the weight by nearly 250 g, the new TCT structure provides a level of protection as yet unseen in the world of helmets.
- This smart shell is able to gradually crumple on impact, which allows it to absorb most of the energy generated by the shock, while retaining one of the strongest structures.
- Removable chin bar air vent: A real breath of fresh air in the world of off-road helmets, the air vent in the chin bar is brand new and answers the true constraints faced by riders! It can be removed in a snap in order to very easily take out the filter and clean it effectively. Reassembly is just as simple, as both disassembly and assembly take a few seconds.
- EXOLON visor: The peak of the Scorpion VX-20 Air revolutionises the universe of the Off-road helmet. Totally deformable and unbreakable, fixed via screws designed to break in case of violent impact, the peak EXOLON is spectacular of efficiency.
- Fully-adjustable, aero-tuned visor: Reduces lift at high speeds.
- Ventilation System: Large intake manifolds and aero-tuned rear vents maximize airflow through the helmet.
- Large Eyeport: Fits all goggles and provides maximum visibility.
- Strap Grip: Keeps goggle strap in place.
- Padded Chin Strap with KwikWick material: Comfortable and secure.
- Custom liner and cheek pad kits: Available in wild patterns.
- Closing chinstrap by double D titanium ring.
- Weight: 1150g
Care and Cleaning of Your ScorpionExo Helmet
As with any quality product, proper care will enhance and prolong the usefulness of your helmet and protect your investment. Your helmet is engineered and assembled with state-of-the-art technology including exclusive patents and proprietary trademarked features.
Cleaning the Outside of the Helmet
Never use any solvents or abrasive cleaners to clean your helmet!! For optimum performance, rinse your helmet in warm water using a mild soap. If the outside is dirty with dried dirt and bugs, we suggest you place a wet towel over the helmet for at least one minute before wiping it clean. This softens the foreign objects before removal lessening the chance of scratches. The multiple coatings on the face shield are resistant to light scratching, however, heavy, abusive scratching can break through the coatings and cause visible marks. Removing dirt and bugs with good cleaning practices and keeping your helmet in a RaceCase will significantly help to prolong the life of your helmet and face shields.
Cleaning the Inside of the Helmet
The removable, washable liner in all our helmets make it easy to clean. Even a man can do it. Remove the cheek pads first by unsnapping the 3 (usually) button snaps on each one. Be careful not to “tear” the pad out, but carefully un-snap each button. The “crownliner” can be unsnapped (2) from the back of the head area and the pulled away from the helmet in the forehead area. Note the alignment arrows for re-installing the crownliner. Throw these three pieces into the washing machine if possible in a washing bag so that the plastic parts cannot be broken or damage the textile and allow to air dry before re-installing.
Cleaning the Face Shield
The ScorpionExo face shields for 400s and 700s have different cleaning procedures for inside and outside. The outside is coated with an anti-scratch coating which prevents minor scratches, but cannot resist heavy wiping and cleaning without preliminary softening of the dirt, grime and bugs first. Note the damp towel method of softening dried bugs and dirt above. Plastic polishes work fine to clean the outside of the shield as long as the dirt and grime has been softened and removed first. The inner Everclear no-fog coated face shields require special treatment for cleaning. We suggest using a warm water and mild soap combination followed by “pat drying” with a dry towel. “Wiping” may cause premature wear and scratching on the Everclear innercoating.
Certain common household chemicals will react negatively with the polycarbonates, fiberglass or coatings of your helmet. Avoid contact with acetone (nail polish remover), caustic solutions (ammonia-based cleaners), hair sprays containing methyene, chlorine from swimming pools or glues.
Are you looking for materials from Scorpion and specially Scorpion VX 20 Air Sherco? At motardinn, you can find a complete list of Helmets products and motorcycle accessories. Place all your orders through our online store motardinn. You have 75 ways of payment. Check the catalogue and get special motorcycle promotions. And if you are not satisfied we will return your money.